Last week Caroline Huball created this Halloween tag for writers. And in the craziness of last week, I forgot to do it. But here I am! Better late than never, right? 😉
1. Are you a scaredy cat or a horror aficionado?
Definitely a scaredy cat. Haha.
2. Would you ever consider writing a horror novel?
No! Never. I can’t get through horror movies or books.
3. What is the favorite bookish Halloween costume you’ve ever worn?
Can I say my costume for next week? My husband and I are dressing up as Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet. 😊
4. What is the best bookish costume you’ve seen someone else wear?
Hm… I’ve seen some pretty cool Harry Potter characters.
5. What literary villain is your favorite?
I don’t really like villains… So this is kind of tough. Can I do a Disney villain? Gaston. Haha. He’s so over the top, I can’t help but laugh. And I think Disney did a superb job with him. The songs and dialogue are perfect for portraying a chauvinistic pig like Gaston.
6. Will you be visiting a haunted house this year?
Nope! The last haunted thing I went to was a corn maze sophomore year of high school, and I vowed never to do anything haunted again.
7. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go Trick-or-Treating?
Oh, definitely a party. But I don’t mind taking my kids Trick-or-Treating
8. What’s the best Halloween song?
Uh… The only one I can think of is Monster Mash. Haha.
9. What scares you the most about the writing process?
Querying. 😬 And the possibility of a historically inaccurate dress on the cover of my book. 😉
10. Monster mash – if you had to say your antagonist was a mix of two traditional monsters what would those be?
Probably a vampire and a dragon. Because he’s greedy and out for blood.
11. Would your MC be more scared of being left alone in a dark forest or an abandoned castle?
The female MC would be more scared of the dark forest, while the male MC would be more scared of the abandoned castle.
12. Does anyone in your WIP believe in ghosts?
The MC’s cousin likes to put on a show that she believes in superstitious stuff like that.
13. Which character would last the longest in a scary movie?
Probably the MC’s brother. He’s good at getting out of scrapes.
14. Good witch or a bad witch – do you enjoy torturing the characters in your WIP or do you feel bad about it?
A little of both? My husband thinks I’m a weirdo when I cackle one minute and sigh the next over what I’m about to do to a character.
15. Pick a love interest from your WIP; would they be most likely to scream like a little kid or punch someone in the face if they were scared abruptly?
Probably punch someone in the face. 😆
Well, that was fun! Thanks for tagging me, Caroline!